The Specialist Palliative Care services at the hospice are available to individuals with complex problems associated with a life-limiting illness and for the support of their carers/family.
The services available include:
- Multidisciplinary in-patient care (14 beds) for short admissions for end of life care, symptom control and further assessment of needs.
- The Hospice community team who visit and support people in their homes and provide a 7 day service between 9am-5pm.
- The Out-Patient service, includes three days per week day services, offering provides symptom and psychosocial support to patients and carers, medical and nursing out -patient clinics, therapeutic programmes of care and complementary therapies.
Who can refer?
Referrals are accepted from Hospital Consultants, GPs or any Health Care Professional with consent of the appropriate doctor managing the care. If you are wondering about care from the hospice for you or a family member please phone us to discuss it. If you want you can be shown round and the staff will talk with you about your situation and answer any questions you may have. The main switchboard number is 0141 429 5599.
How to refer?
- A Hospice referral form can be downloaded below. Completed forms can be faxed to the secure line 0141 429 8406. Please ensure adherence to NHS MEL Guidelines 1997 on faxing of confidential information. Alternatively the referral can be posted directly to the Hospice.
- Referral forms are available in hospital wards and GP surgeries or can be completed using the SCI gateway
- Urgent referrals can be made by telephone to the Clinical Admin Team on 0141 429 9823 Monday-Friday 9-5pm who will put you in touch with a member of the medical staff. For urgent referrals out of hours telephone 0141 420 6785.
- 24 hour medical and nursing advice is available for any health professional in the hospital or community setting. During office hours telephone 0141 429 9823, at all other times telephone 0141 420 6785.
- In addition the community Clinical Nurse Specialists are available 9am-5pm Saturday/Sunday and bank holidays. They are available to provide advice and support for patients at home, their family members or staff, by telephone or home visit. They can be contacted on 07736 821970.
- Our 24 hour helpline for any patient or family member is 0141 420 6785. Please don't hesitate to call us : we are here to help.
- Specialist Palliative Care Referral Form [474kb]
- Referral Guidance Notes [76kb]
- Access, referral and admission policy [4207kb]
- Supportive and Palliative Care Indicators Tool (SPICT) [89kb]