The Specialist Palliative Care services at the hospice are available to individuals with complex problems associated with a life-limiting illness and for the support of their carers/family.
The services available include:
- Multidisciplinary in-patient care (14 beds) for short admissions for end of life care, symptom control and further assessment of needs.
- The Laurieston community team who visit and support people in their homes and provide a 7 day service between 9am-5pm.
- The Day Services multidisciplinary unit provides symptom and psychosocial support to patients and carers, medical and nursing clinics, therapeutic programmes of care and complementary therapies.
Who can refer?
Referrals are accepted from Hospital Consultants, GPs or any Health Care Professional with consent of the appropriate doctor managing the care.
If you are a patient and think our services would be helpful for you please speak to one of your care team.
How to refer?
- A Hospice referral form can be downloaded below. Completed forms can be faxed to the secure line 0141 429 8406. Please ensure adherence to NHS MEL Guidelines 1997 on faxing of confidential information. Alternatively the referral can be posted directly to the Hospice.
- Referral forms are available in hospital wards and GP surgeries.
- Urgent referrals can be made by telephone to the Clinical Admin.Team on 0141 429 9823 Monday-Friday 9-5pm. and will be referred to a member of the medical staff. For urgent referrals out of hours telephone to 0141 420 6785
- 24 hour medical and nursing advice is available for primary and secondary care professionals. During office hours telephone 0141 429 9823, at all other times telephone 0141 420 6785
- In addition the community Clinical Nurse Specialists provide a service between 9am-5pm Saturday/Sunday and bank holidays. They are available to provide advice and support to primary care by telephone or home visits. They can be contacted on 07736 821970
- Specialist Palliative Care Referral Form [474kb]
- Referral Guidance Notes [76kb]
- Access, referral and admission policy [4207kb]
- Supportive and Palliative Care Indicators Tool (SPICT) [89kb]