The Hospice's clinical staff are available to advise hospital doctors, ward nurses and any other frontline healthcare professional about specific patients in their care.
The Hospice has achieved external recognition as a specialist palliative unit, providing a 14-bed In-patients Ward, 20-place Day Care Centre, support for community-based patients (Laurieston Nurses) and palliative care consultancy for South Glasgow Acute Hospitals.
We can help you to
- Help improve the quality of life for patients by enhancing their physical, emotional, social and spiritual care
- Provide support, information and advice to relatives/carers during illness and into bereavement
- Offer advice and make recommendations on pain and symptom management, providing support to staff caring for these individuals and their relatives/carers
- Provide educational input to enhance skills and knowledge of all staff involved with patient care via formal and informal teaching sessions
- Participate in audit and research, and disseminate relevant findings.